UX ManagerApply now
BAM is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary firm with leading-edge skills in information technology, software development and applied research. Serving government and commercial markets, BAM is committed to its customers and to delivering strong leadership, sound solutions, and innovative thinking.
We have a small-company persona with a large-company ethos and capabilities; we create elegant solutions to help our clients achieve success by offering a suite of diverse services. BAM offers one of the best benefits packages in the industry: Generous health benefits, PTO, 401K matching, and professional development stipend to name just a few of our benefits and perks.
Set and own UX strategy
- Champion and promote design thinking within an agile organization.
- Own the vision for how the Application Platform and Design System can be the cornerstone of current and future partners’ strategic initiatives by delivering high quality and high value through scalable, streamlined, cohesive design.
- Work closely with product owners, and managing partners as well as with the managers of development, business analysis, and quality assurance to develop user-centered design strategies and best practices for the Application Platform.
- Work with Agile teams and product owners to identify and eliminate impediments and continuously improve our methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
Lead an innovative community of designers
- Identify and promote training and resources needed by the UX Community to foster professional development and ensure designers have the support to engage with the internal, agency, and external partners. This includes coordination with Human Resources as it pertains to hiring/retention needs as the platform grows and evolves.
- Ensure all designers contribute to their areas of expertise and participate in Platform Scrum Ceremonies (Refinement, Planning, Review, and Retrospective).
- Meet actively with the UX Community to ensure there are open avenues for feedback and community harmony.
- Mentor other designers and by working closely to provide critical feedback, establish growth plans, and identify career paths.
Support and advocate for the application design system
- Effectively apply the design system to the Application Platform to illustrate its value in enhancing the experience of the product.
- Maintain and manage the Design System’s backlog
- Identify, prioritize, and monitor the progress of design, development, and documentation for the Design System.
- Liaise between the design system team and Agile Scrum teams to prioritize the design system roadmap and advocate for the integration of the system
- Online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your process for creating great user-centered design solutions.
- Experience with modern design tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Balsamiq, or similar).
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, and responsive web design.
- Advanced understanding of design thinking and leading UX practices and artifacts (e.g., user personas, user stories, experience mapping).
- Outstanding ability to communicate design ideas to developers, managers, and stakeholders.
- 5+ years’ experience as a UX Designer.
- 2+ years’ in a lead or management position that consists of at least 5 members.
- Bachelor's degree, post-secondary training, bootcamps, or equivalent experience.
- An eye for detail and the ability to rationalize complex information to make it understandable for others to work.
- Ability to interrogate reported information and challenge sources where inconsistencies are found.
- Azure DevOps or Jira experience.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum Environment, plus if familiar with Large Scale Scrum (LeSS).